Dickson County is home to Tennessee's oldest courthouse in continuous use, built in 1835. The County is considered the industrial, commercial, medical, and educational hub of the west Nashville area.
Dickson County is bordered on the northeast by the Cumberland River. The Harpeth River passes along the county's eastern border. The rural and suburban blend in collaboration with the thriving downtowns has Dickson County primed for strategic community growth.